[vdr] Re: Human comprehensible directory

Le 12/20/2003 11:59 AM, Steffen Barszus a joliment écrit :

From inside vdr the directory names are human readable. If you want to
see them with other applications you should use ds_X or the like and mux them as normal mpeg and name them however you want. Too see them then from inside vdr you can install the mplayer plugin. To burn them on dvd you can use dvdauthor, mjpegtools etc and master dvd's. These again can be played by mplayer plugin or dvd plugin. I don't really understand the problem you have.
Ok but now dvr doesn't deal with subtitles with a cam module for channels from canal+ or canalsatellite.

I don't need complex mplayer-vdr plugin to play video as mplayer can play the video and dvd by itself, this with mga triple buffering.
The command line is easier to typeset from console than in vdr.

The only usefull fonction in vdr is "osd menu". If you cannot play the vdr file stored where you want from this menu then "mpalyer 001.vdr" is good enought for me.

I really don't understand why vdr, concurrently with the actuel directory system, could not propose to read the vdr file in a directory you can move in from the osd menu. You navigate with the arrows of the remote control or the keybord throu the arborescence and type ok or enter on the directory containing the 00x.vdr file you want to play.
This fonctionnality can be usefull for mplayer plugin too.

Nicolas.

--
Powered .~.
by Linux /V\