[vdr] Re: [OT] stream distortions

Am Montag, 29. Dezember 2003 13:41 schrieb Olaf Mindermann:
> Hai!
>
> > I have on several channels stream distortions. I have today
> > adjusted the dish and the distortions are a lot lesser now. I have
> > used a signal strength monitor and the dish is adjusted now as good
> > as it can be. However, i have on SAT1 and PRO7 sevral distortions.
> > Is there a way to find out if it is the cable or the LNB ? Or are
> > there known driver problems that coud cause this ? could the card
> > be defect ? I haven't seen the distortions with a skystar 2 as
> > receiver and the fujitsu siemens as display card. Or is the
> > skystar2 just not that sensitive ?
> >
> > Any advices are welcome
>
> I had also problems with distortions. Mainly on KiKa.
>
> Now with cooling my DVBs 1.3 everything looks fine.

What have you used to cool the card ? If i install my second card again
i want to have cooling on the card, but I'm not sure what to buy. I
also thought about buying a switch to reduce the needed voltage of the
cards, but i guess a switch is to expensive and an enermax PSU should
suffice to give the needed power.

Thanks

Steffen