[vdr] Re: is vdrconvert really so buggy?

Good morning,

On Sunday 08 February 2004 22:50, Richard Müller wrote:
> > I'm using vdrconvert for quite a long time now and I admit it has its
> > hiccups but besides those it does its job *very* well.
> >
> > If you just wanted to complain, ok, feeling better now ?
> >

> > If you are looking for help, *what* exactly is your problem ?
>
> As I said, did anyone encounter similar problems?
> (channels.conf deleted with installing vdrconvert, noad/
>   vdr stop/restart freezes system after installing vdrconvert, noad)

Nope. I did not recognize any of these oddities.

> Are these exact questions, Karsten?

Well, not really but kinda. :-)

> Exactly after installing of vdrconvert and noad these problems showed
> up. Asking if anyone else came over these peculiarities is not complaining.

Hmm... since 90% of vdrconvert are shellscripts I can't imagine that they
can block a complete machine. (Even a "while true; do echo ""; done" wouldn't
actually freeze a machine) Can you provide more information of your system,
installation of vdrconvert / noad, versions etc. (or did I miss some infos) ?

Without these it's more clairvoyancery but possible to provide substantial
help.

> There are several forums and mailing lists full of problems with vdr.
> And a lot of people discussing it and helping each other. But I never
> heard a kind of advice like yours...

I did not give any advise yet ;-)

> Best wishes, Richard
>
> --
> Richard Müller - Am Spring 9 - D-58802 Balve
> r.mueller@oeko-sorpe.de - www.oeko-sorpe.de

Have a nice day

- --
with best regards
- ---
Karsten Mueller
Softwaredevelopment / Keyaccount Manager
RATIO Entwicklungen GmbH
Admiralitaetstr. 59
20459 Hamburg
Email: mailto:kmu@ratio.de