[vdr] Re: VDR won't start! please HELP (or i'll start crying)

Marcos David wrote:

> >From: Klaus Schmidinger
> >To: vdr@linuxtv.org
> >Subject: [vdr] Re: VDR won't start! please HELP (or i'll start crying)
> >Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:37:35 +0100
> >
> >AFAIK the SkyStar2 doesn't have an MPEG decoder, so if you want to use it
> >with VDR you'll need to install the "softdevice" plugin.
> >
> >Klaus
> >

> Is this the reason Why I don't see any osd or any window for vdr?

VDR doesn't do any output on your Linux desktop, if that's what you
are expecting. Primarily, VDR is designed to be used with a "full
featured" DVB card, which has an MPEG decoder and tv-out. With the
"softdevice" plugin you can do the output via software MPEG decoding on your
graphics card.

BTW: please don't post HTML.

Klaus