[vdr] Re: Request regarding autopid and setting timers in vdr-1.4.x

Sebastian Kemper wrote:

> Hello Klaus!
>
> I still use vanilla vdr-1.2.6 but for sure I'm looking forward to the
> stable 1.4.x VDR. So I wanted to ask you two things.
> First, can you include a button in the "set timer" menu (the menu one
> enters after e.g. pressing "Record" in the "Programs" menu. Sometimes my
> parents forget to press "OK" because there is no hint to do so, and then
> the program is not getting recorded.

The button is already there - it's the "Ok" button.

But maybe it would be ok to prompt the user whether a modified timer
shall be dismissed if the Ok button is not pressed, like in

  "Timer modified - really dismiss?"

> And do you plan to add an option to autopid that will just update
> existing channels in the channels.conf without adding new ones?

No, I don't - because it's already there ;-)
See "Setup/DVB/Update channels".

> I ask
> this because sometimes I watch TV with friends and then we search the
> channels and, to be honest, I don't want there to be channels like
> "FreeX-TV" or "Playboy" because I don't want my friends to think I'm a
> pervert :D No kidding! And I want even more that these channels do not
> pop up on my parents VDR.

VDR will get the ability to create user defined favourite channel lists,
which will only contain the channels a user explicitly adds to them.

Klaus