[vdr] Re: Request regarding autopid and setting timers in vdr-1.4.x

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
Sebastian Kemper wrote:

Hello Klaus!

I still use vanilla vdr-1.2.6 but for sure I'm looking forward to the
stable 1.4.x VDR. So I wanted to ask you two things.
First, can you include a button in the "set timer" menu (the menu one
enters after e.g. pressing "Record" in the "Programs" menu. Sometimes my
parents forget to press "OK" because there is no hint to do so, and then
the program is not getting recorded.

The button is already there - it's the "Ok" button.

But maybe it would be ok to prompt the user whether a modified timer
shall be dismissed if the Ok button is not pressed, like in

  "Timer modified - really dismiss?"

And do you plan to add an option to autopid that will just update
existing channels in the channels.conf without adding new ones?

No, I don't - because it's already there ;-)
See "Setup/DVB/Update channels".

I ask
this because sometimes I watch TV with friends and then we search the
channels and, to be honest, I don't want there to be channels like
"FreeX-TV" or "Playboy" because I don't want my friends to think I'm a
pervert :D No kidding! And I want even more that these channels do not
pop up on my parents VDR.

VDR will get the ability to create user defined favourite channel lists,
which will only contain the channels a user explicitly adds to them.

Klaus

Never mind then.

Thanks fpr clearing that up for me!
Sebastian