From: Onno Kreuzinger [mailto:onnok@web.de]
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 12:41 PM
To: vdr@linuxtv.org
Subject: [vdr] Re: Need a suggestion (may be interesting for you to read this if you want to sell / test your product)

Hello Yaniv Ron,

while David is right in general, some people on this list do either work
for software companies making (commercial, deal oriented) linux tv software
(convergence.de e.g. develops embedded/set-top box software) or do offer
advisory for linux and system design in generally. Since this list is
noncommercial its hard for an outsider to see that, but as far as i know
some people on this list (like me) do run their (more or less small) own IT
Business, those people have time for money and usually a broad range of
personal, firsthand experience with linux and DVB. Depending on what you
plan to do (network oriented content distribution/interactive customer
services/cable head-feeds/corporate tv station) you can find individual
professionals which could help you do R&D for your needs. Hardware itself is
no big thing, technotrend.de is the designer of most cards used today, other
hardware manufacturers products are sometimes not so stable and tend to need
more effort to get and keep them working for linux, mostly because they are
not so widely used.

Regards Onno Kreuzinger

p.s.
for now the vdr software and the linux DVB driver are ahead of any
commercial manufacturer, this explains perhaps why you could not find decent
information on commercial offers, the community was more convinced than Sony.