[vdr] Re: vdr-1.3.4 autopid and DVB-T

> I've looked at frequency allocation tables for dvb-t in Spain. There
> are three multiplexes. The one at 834 Mhz is a SFN; the other two are
> not. But sometimes the same frequency is used in geographically
> distinct areas. For instance:
>
> Here in Madrid there are channels on 770, 810 and 834 Mhz.
> In Euskadi there are channels on 794, 810 and 834 Mhz.
> The TV stations that emit in Madrid on 770 Mhz are the same ones that
> emit in Euskadi on 794 Mhz.
>
> If I tune to 810Mhz and vdr chooses the NIT for Euskadi then vdr
> changes the channels.conf entries for 770 Mhz to 794 Mhz, even though
> 794 Mhz is not in use here.
>
> On cable or satellite a transponder being announced is a pretty good
> indication it can also be received; but for dvb-t I don't think there
> is any way vdr can be sure a channel can be received other than first
> tuning to it.

You are right. I recommend reading of chapter 4.5, especially 4.5.2 of ETSI TR
101 211 (Implementation and usage guidelines for SI).
It seems the term "network" in DVB-T isn't as straightforward as I had hoped
(see 4.5.1): local networks, national networks, a stack of networks, MFN,
SFN, mixture of both...
I cannot suggest a solution for this without testing.

Marcel