[vdr] Re: VDR "locks up" my gentoo linux

Thomas Glomann wrote:

Nearly the same thing on my Gentoo System.
I removed the Auto-Pid-Patch and now it works without any problems.

Dieter

hm. What's wrong with the autopid patch? It is a pretty good thing and I don't want to miss it. There's gotta be another solution/workaround?!

Don't know whats wrong with Auto-Pid. On VDR 1.25 i never had any trouble with it. But on VDR1.26 i had the same thing like you. Also VDR crashes sometime without any error-messages on console or log-file. After removing AutoPid my VDR (with Elchi) is stable.

Dieter