[vdr] Re: Two cards - One output

Adrian P Challinor wrote:

> Sorry folks, this is a newbie question.
>
> Is it possible to have two cards with one output device?
> For examples
>

> ----> TV IN ----> DVB-T (Budget card)
>                }
>                }
> ----> SAT IN ----> DVB-S (premium Card)
>    --< SCART OUT < ---+
>

> That is:
>     	TV in from a terrestrial DVB source goes
> 	to the DVB-T card
>
> and   TV OUT comes from the DVB-S card?

(if you mean tv-in dvb-t as a cable from your antenna)
thats the way vdr woks, its called transfer-mode

> My problem is that I cant seem to get VDR to read the channels.conf for the
> DVB-T card. The ones supplied as samples in the VDR distribution seem
> incompatible with the expected format (eg channels.conf.terr).

in your case you will have to copy both *.conf (terr. and sat) files
together, vdr will handle the rest, only problem is that if you have 2
identical channels from different systems (in you case from T and S)
there will be 2 entrys in your list and a timer for that "double"
channel is for a system (T or S), because a timer is always for a
channel - you should try to keep one system (i.e. sat), all other ist
possible but you loose a litte comfort compared with a homogen solution