[vdr] Re: Sending VDR output to X11 window ?

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 19:15:26 +0100
Stefan Lucke <stefan@lucke.in-berlin.de> wrote:

> On Dienstag, 2. März 2004 17:20, Mak Addikt wrote:
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > Perhaps it's a stupid question or something like RTFM, but i cannot
> > yet find the answer ....
> >
> > Here is the question :
> >
> >     Is it feasible to send VDR output to a X11 window ?
>
> Try softdevice plugin with Xv out patch
> softdevice plugin is available:	http://www.k13zoo.de/vdr
> xv out patch you'll get at:		http://www.lucke.in-berlin.de	file:
> softdevice-0.0.5-xv-patch03.bz2

Hallo,
thanks for your xv patches, but since patch03 i cannot see OSD anymore,
anyone else experienced that ?
And now I have wrong sized window...
With patch02 OSD was present but video did hung up, with patch03 video
is quite good but no OSD and wrong sized window.

I use a savage card on a IBM thinkpad T20 laptop, and Xv works nice with
others apps (mplayer, for instance).

Sound is choppy yet here, but softdevice is near to be GREAT (for now it
is only great :)

NOTE: I have to add that to line 88 in Makefile
LIBS =  -L$(LIBAVCODEC) -lavcodec -lasound
to compile successful, since i have a local ffmpeg dir

Bye,
   Angelus.