[vdr] Re: Burn DVD

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, Juri Haberland wrote:

> Either growisofs or dvdrecord.
Thanks for the very quick answer!

While dvdrecord seems not to be contained in LinVDR 0.5 growisofs
is contained and now I even found the syntax in the German FAQ

     growisofs -Z /dev/dvd foo.iso

Unfortunately I got:

Executing 'mkisofs foo.iso | builtin_dd of=/dev/dvd obs=32k seek=0'
mkisofs: Value too large for defined data type. File foo.iso is too large - ignoring
Total translation table size: 0
Total rockridge attributes bytes: 0
Total directory bytes: 0
Path table size(bytes): 10
/dev/dvd: pre-formatting blank DVD+RW...
/dev/dvd: "Current Write Speed" is 4.0x1385KBps.
Max brk space used 3344
48 extents written (0 Mb)
/dev/dvd: flushing cache
/dev/dvd: stopping de-icing
/dev/dvd: writing lead-out

I wonder why mkisofs is called with the ready to burn iso.  Shouldn't
be this a 'cat'  or an if=foo.iso  option to dd ?

Kind regards

          Andreas.