[vdr] Re: Creating audio WAV from 00?.vdr

Andreas Tille wrote:
There are other options for sound editing e.g quickedit
(see http://www.penguin.cz/~slezak/quickedit-0.3.2.tar.gz)
I think I could do it using audacity which I'm comfortable with.
You may be interested in a small AWK script I wrote.

You load a large (e.g. 1 hour) WAV file into Audacity, then create a new "Label track", and then add label marks where you want the track splits to be on your CD.

You then save this label track as a text file - e.g. "labels.txt"

Save the script included as the end of this email as "aud2cue.k", and then do:

awk -vW="wavfile.wav" -f aud2cue.k labels.txt > cuefile.cue

This will then give you a cuefile you can use to burn a CD using cdrdao.

The advantage of this is that the WAV file is burnt as a continuous audio stream on the CD - if you split it into separate WAV files, then (unless you knew what you were doing), you could get short gaps between the tracks

Regards,

Dave.

---- cut here - save as "aud2cue.k" -----
BEGIN {