[vdr] Re: Conflicting remote signals

On Sun, 2004-03-14 at 05:44, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a Loewe TV and I observed that the remote control seems to
> use vor volume adjustment the very same signal like the remote
> control of my Hauppauge card.  Is there any possibility to change
> the settings of one of them to get full control at any time.

I have a Hauppauge Nova-T remote , I'm not sure if your remote uses the
same driver but the Nova-T remote uses RC5 IR encoding. It sounds like
your Loewe also uses RC5. Normally this is not a problem as the
different remotes have different device numbers.  However the Nova-T
appears to strip the bits which code for the device number so any RC5
Remote will look the same to the Nova-T driver (You could probably find
other Loewe buttons that VDR will also listen to).  It was a while since
I read the source, however my memory is that it is the driver stripping
the device id not the hardware so this problem is probably fixable by
appropriately patching the driver.

Regards,
Richard.