[vdr] Re: Conflicting remote signals

On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 05:31:37PM +0200, Jussi Alan?r? wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Mar 2004, Matthias Schniedermeyer wrote:

> > > Why? Apparently that's what the user expects!?
> >
> > Because i prefer a "defined state".
> > So i want VDR to be on channel 1 when i (re)start it.
>
> How about using preferred channel patch?

To "heavy".

> > And VDR needs a bit of time to get encrypted channels right(and only a
> > few channels aren't encrypted in my setup) so after a few seconds the
> > "Insert card and press OK"-thing comes up if VDR starts on an encrypted
> > channel. As i don't use a RC i have to "telnet ... hitk ok" to get ride
>
> and this is the reason I'm using the patch mentioned above.

VDR is a "slave"-process for my Master-Timer. (I (normaly) never need to
switch channels, as i ALWAYS record what i watch. The channel hitting
the TV-set is always(tm) the right one (I only need to switch on TV when
i want to watch what i want to record, how could watching TV be more
comfortable<g>). To be more correct(tm), i wouldn't need to switch
channels if VDR wouldn't have the problem that the picture often stucks
at the previous channel (still picture on TV, but recording is fine),
but normaly i don't watch VDR-recordings "live", so normaly this doesn't
bother me. The recordings i (normaly) watch "live" are recorded via (one
of) my DBox2(s).)

So i don't need a patch for preferred channels as i(and Master-Timer)
don't care on what channel the recording(s) runs.
Or i watch the recording later, in this case it matters even less.

Bis denn