[vdr] Re: VDR and "2003-11-08" driver

karim wrote:
> To Klaus, and All,
>
> I understand that the the fixes are minors or doesn't affect vdr.
> One more question, because I am confused with theses differents drivers :
> 1/ on www.linux-dvb.tv

Here you find cvs snapshots taken from the cvs repository found at:

> 2/ on linuxtv.org
>
> which exactly the difference with them, and which do you call "dvb-kernel
> driver" ?

The development repository is at linuxtv.org, which is run by
Convergence. There you can either download the official releases (1.0.0,
1.0.1 ...) or you can access the work-in-progress driver via cvs. The
other site (www.linux-dvb.tv) just takes snapshots of this cvs
repository once a day.

Concerning "dvb-kernel":
There are two development lines:
The so-called "DVB" driver and "dvb-kernel". The former is the older
one, more stable, but no work is going into this one anymore. The newer
"dvb-kernel" is also part of the new Linux kernel 2.6, but can also work
with 2.4. It is not really useful (yet) for quite a number of cards, but
will support more cards than the older driver.

To make the confusion perfect:
The official driver releases:
1.0.0 and 1.0.1 are based on DVB
1.1.0 and 1.1.1 are based on dvb-kernel.

Cheers,
Juri