[vdr] Re: Feature Request: Simpler DiSEqC config, Was: DiSEqCfor Dummies

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> On Astra many transponders contain references to other transponders,
> so if you have one initial transponder chances are VDR will find other
> transponders, too. On Hotbird it looks like they don't have these
> references, so you need to define at least one channel for any given
> transponder to make VDR automatically find all the other channels on
> that transponder.

Well my Topfield does find pretty much all channels on Hotbird. OTOH it does
have a list of (most?) transponders for each satellite (including Astra) so
I guess it uses that.

> Later VDR will automatically scan the TP frequencies, but that's not
> a priority at the moment.

In fact I don't find scanning such a high priority either... I rarely use it
on my Topfield either.

A good channel editor with filtering, sorting, etc. would be nice though -
possibly with Satco DX import and comparison features to show what's new
(and what may be obsolete).

And while at it, I'd prefer a separate radio list (yes, I know, it's been
discussed here before).