[vdr] Re: Transcoding to mpeg2

Ta - I'd looked at that, and also using mplayer directly. My problem was

that I couldn't persuade mplayer to output in a compressed format - my
MediaMVP box doesn't seem to like uncompressed audio streams (or maybe
the audio bitrate is too high).

I'd figured if a 933Mhz C3 was about 35% of the required performance
then
A 3Ghz P4 ought to be able to cope.

One thing I don't know is whether there is a difference between
Mplayer with a -vop mpegpes
And mencoder with -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video..