[vdr] Re: missed vps recording

Hi Klaus,

Klaus Schmidinger schrieb:
Martin Schoenbeck wrote:

I know, that video recorders (at least some) scan all channels, which
are programmed for a vps recording. I assume, because sometimes
xmissions start earlier than announced. But of course they don't
evaluate the information about earlier or later xmission in the epg.
Will vdr see such an announcement and evaluate it?

Yes, but in your case VDR "thought" it had tuned a device to the
necessary transponder and then just waited for the event to become
"running". It didn't realize that another recording has tuned away
that device.
Yes, the question was not related to the problem I had. Just in advance. ;-)

You might want to try contacting somebody at the ZDF and ask why they
provide VPS information, but don't handle the "running status" correctly.
I have to admit, that I don't really know anybody at ZDF. But somebody of the vdr users perhaps does.

I fear, my wife will now disable vps as default. :-(

As I wrote in the release note:

*** BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN USING VPS CONTROLLED TIMERS!
*** IT MIGHT BE A GOOD IDEA TO PROGRAM BOTH A VPS CONTROLLED AND
*** A "NORMAL" TIMER (WITH A DIFFERENT START TIME AND MAYBE A SOMEWHAT
*** DIFFERENT FILE NAME) IF YOU WANT TO RECORD SOMETHING REALLY IMPORTANT.
Of course I told her about this. But because several recordings went ok, she was to confident in it.

Martin