[vdr] Re: How to debug recordings menu problems

Hi,

im using VDR 1.2.6 but have that problem too:
In case the OSD menu pops up and has to wait a long time until the action is
finished, VDR restarts. I can reproduce this when some cutting process is
running and I start the mediadetection plugin to view a DVD. It also
happens when I call NoAd from the recordings commands menu (NoAd then runs
in the foreground).

Ingo, in your case I guess it lasts too long to scan the /video folder.
Slow harddisc? No DMA? Big video partition with lots of nested folders?
Cutting or NoAd process running in the background?

Regards,
Andreas