[vdr] Re: Live TV freeze when recording starts normal?

Sorry, I forgot to mention the important fact that I have two DVB-T cards.

On 05/05/2004, at 7:49 AM, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

Michal Dobrzynski wrote:

Hi,

I've seen this mentioned before many times by various people and I'm
not sure what the status is.

Is the freeze of live TV when a recording starts (does not ALWAYS
happen but certainly a majority of the time) an acknowledged problem or
is it one that Klaus is not able to reproduce or identify the cause of?
I assume this is a system with only one DVB card, so that the recording
starts on the primary card, right? What exactly is the constellation when
this problem occurs? I mean, which channel is on live, and on which channel
does the recording start? Are these on the same or different transponders?

P.S. On the topic of complexity of control is there any chance that the
OSD (in terms of how it functions rather than how it looks) will become
configurable? ie full control over which button does what in which
screen.
And what exactly should this be good for?

It would allow customizability that could significantly simplify usage for non-technical people. The concept of the coloured buttons is too hard for some people and needing to memorize what they do and when is too much.