[vdr] Re: Deinterlacing

Emil Naepflein wrote:
I use a Lumagen Vision and the vdr image is great on a 16:9 screen with
243 cm width.
I don't want to bother with a hardware scaler, there is no way a signal which has been through an a/d -> d/a step is going to be better than just deinterlacing/scaling the image in the htpc before doing the d/a conversion.

Another thing to consider is that I might want to actually scale the video, but the subtitles that go over it should be at the full resolution of the pj (1280x1024 or 1024x768 depending on what my cpu will handle).

The idea is to do all scaling in software and use a normal graphics board to supply RGB to the pj.

--
Regards Flemming Frandsen - http://dion.swamp.dk
PartyTicket.Net co founder & Yet Another Perl Hacker

Home | Main Index | Thread Index