[vdr] Re: Softdevice 0.0.7pre2 crash w/ DFB, CLE266

On Samstag, 31. Juli 2004 19:33, Nicolas Huillard wrote:

> +          catch (DFBException *ex)
> +          {
> +            fprintf(stderr,"Caught: action=%s, result=%s",
> ex->GetAction(), ex->GetResult());
> +            exit(1);
> +          }

Thanks for this for exception reporting.

[ .. ]

> [dfb] RAM: 33554432 bytes

There are some differences:

[dfb] RAM: 66842624 bytes
[dfb] Accellerated Functions: FillRectange DrawRectange DrawLine FillTriangle Blit StretchBlit All
[dfb] Drawing Flags: Blend Xor
[dfb] Surface Blitting Flags: BlendAlpha BlendColorAlpha Colorize SrcColorkey DstColorkey Deinterlace
[dfb] Supported video Modes are: 1280x1024@32
[dfb] Enumeratig display Layers
Layer 0 FBDev Primary Layer  Type: graphics
  Caps: brightness contrast saturation surface
Layer 1 VIA Unichrome Video  Type: graphics picture video
  Caps: deinterlacing dst_colorkey opacity screen_location surface
  This is our videoLayer
 (!!!)  *** WARNING [no video mode set yet] *** [layers.c:536 in dfb_screen_rectangle()]
uc_overlay: color-keying is disabled
Layer 2 VIA Unichrome DVD Subpicture  Type: graphics picture video
  Caps: opacity surface
uc_overlay: color-keying is disabled
[dfb] width = 1280, height = 1024
[dfb] got fmt = 0x00418c04 bpp = 32
[dfb] Using this layer for OSD: (FBDev Primary Layer - [768x576])

> I also tried different contents for /etc/directfbrc :
> fbdev=/dev/fb0
> #mode=720x576
> #depth=32
> #pixelformat=AiRGB
> #pixelformat=ARGB
> #sync
> disable-module=keyboard
> disable-module=lirc
> disable-module=cle266

I used the following modules:

modprobe snd-via82xx
modprobe viafb mode=1280x1024 bpp=32 refresh=60 TVon=0

and from /etc/directfbrc:
disable-module=cle266

EPIA M10000 is a real fight to get it working. For a while I was unable to
test with since the network interface didn't work. Network LEDs were flashing.
Now it works again :-) (don't know why) .

I did a fresh softdevice cvs checkout with:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.softdevice.berlios.de:/cvsroot/softdevice login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.softdevice.berlios.de:/cvsroot/softdevice co softdevice

Edit Makefile so that only DFB was compiled (#PP_LIBAVCODEC=1)
and it work with color keyed OSD out of the box.

 * kernel on this gentoo box is: 2.6.7-epia1
 * directfb checkouts were from 2004-07-07
 * vdr 1.3.7
 * ffmpeg version(0.4.8) build(4700)

> As a side note : which of the output method is the most tested/stable ?

In general: dfb, xv and vidix are at the same level.
plain fb-out needs some work (OSD).

On my epia board I only tested dfb (no X present).

--
Stefan Lucke

Home | Main Index | Thread Index