[vdr] Re: Softdevice 0.0.7pre2 crash w/ DFB, CLE266

Stefan Lucke wrote:

On Samstag, 31. Juli 2004 19:33, Nicolas Huillard wrote:

+ catch (DFBException *ex)
+ {
+ fprintf(stderr,"Caught: action=%s, result=%s", ex->GetAction(), ex->GetResult());
+ exit(1);
+ }

Thanks for this for exception reporting.
Maybe there should be this kind of catch() at the top level of each method ?

[ .. ]

[dfb] RAM: 33554432 bytes

There are some differences:

[dfb] RAM: 66842624 bytes
I'll try to increase allocated video memory, and setup 1280x1024, but my goal is to exclusively use S-video out PAL, so 720x576 is a good choice (and the only one left available, I think).

I'll check all the differences, and report.

EPIA M10000 is a real fight to get it working. For a while I was unable to
test with since the network interface didn't work. Network LEDs were flashing.
Now it works again :-) (don't know why) .
I regularly have the ethernet not working. It happens when the chipset is not cleanly shut down, I think : either video or anything else (abrupt power-off, or kernel crash, or else).
The ethernet led either do not light up, or flash (the orange one : trafic). The LEDs on the peer (the switch in front on the EPIA) are all OK. When this happen, the trafic seems to go only in one direction : I noticed the EPIA sends DHCP request, the DHCP server correctly replies, but the EPIA never receives the packets, and retries...
I only get a reliable working ethernet only after I unplug every cable from the mobo for "sufficiently long" time : power, ethernet, even VGA (there might be voltage coming from the monitor). "Sufficiently long" is more than 5 minutes...

I did a fresh softdevice cvs checkout with:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.softdevice.berlios.de:/cvsroot/softdevice login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.softdevice.berlios.de:/cvsroot/softdevice co softdevice
I'll do that.

Thanks.