[vdr] Re: Softdevice 0.0.7pre2 crash w/ DFB, CLE266

On Sonntag, 1. August 2004 12:44, Nicolas Huillard wrote:
> Stefan Lucke wrote:
>
> > mode "1280x1024-60-32"
> >     # D: 108.00 MHz, H: 63.981 kHz, V: 60.02 Hz
> >     geometry 1280 1024 1280 1024 32
> >     timings 9260 248 48 38 1 112 3
> >     hsync high
> >     vsync high
> > endmode
> >
> > So you should add "pixelformat=ARGB" /etc/directfbrc to differ
> > between your fb.modes
>
> I added this one (quite the same as the one reported by fbset just after
> module loading). The "Supported video Modes" list report that mode (I
> commented out the other ones).
>
> But the problems persists...
>
> [dfb] RAM: 67108864 bytes

There are two places to set this (Advanced Chispset Features):

AGP Aperture Size: 			[64M]
CPU to PCI POST write		[Enabled]
Select Panel Display Device	[CRT+TV]
TV type 					[PAL]
CPU DirectAccess FB		[Enabled]

Integrated Peripherals:
..
Frame Buffer Size			[64M]

BIOS version is 1.0F

> --> this value is not the same as yours (I changed the "allocated AGP
> RAM" in the BIOS), but it doesn't seem to be very important (some poeple
> report that with less than 32MB, the viafb kernel module doesn't
> initialize).

Does the normal console work for you after loading the viafb module ?
Mine doesn't, everything is black. So i can only operate via remote ssh .. .

> It seems I have the same setup than yours, but it still does not work...
> Argh !

very strange ;-( .

Stefan Lucke

Home | Main Index | Thread Index