[vdr] Re: Possible fix for EPG scan ("video data stream broken")

Olaf Titz wrote:
>>As I wrote in the dvb mailing list: I have two rev. 1.3 cards and I had
>>a lot of problems mit the dvb-kernel driver.
>>Since I replaced the ves1x93 driver with a slightly moded old alps_bsrv2
>>frontend driver I have _zero_ problems. Zero fw_command_errors. Zero arm
>>crashes.
>>
>>I believe that the ves1x93 is the "evil".  :-)
>

> I have the problem with two cards (1 Nova + 1 Nexus) both using
> stv0299.

This is a setup similar to mine (1 Nexus, 1 Skystar2, both using
stv0299). Do you get the problems only when starting a recording? Then
you could try the patch I posted to the list yesterday. I have not got
any more errors since I use it.

Disclaimer: I think there is more than one possible reason for the
VDSB-error. So the patch may or may not help you. Nevertheless I would
be interested to get some feedback, especially syslog output while VDR
is running the EIT scan (or whatever it is called) on the budget card.

Wolfgang

> Olaf

Home | Main Index | Thread Index