[vdr] Re: softdevice crash in libasound

Dominique Dumont wrote:

Nicolas Huillard <nhuillard@ghs.fr> writes:

Are there known bugs in libasound ? In conjonction with ffmpeg ? The
video and audio are still a lot jerky on many channels : any ideas
what to update ?
I also use debian and alsa lib 1.0.5 (with 1.0.4 drivers).
Oops : I think I'll also have to recompile the kernel to get the 1.0.5 drivers as well...

I also get chopped sound and video. The log shows a lot of under run
in alsa.

But the problem gets better or worse depending on the sound device
opened by softdevice (you may tinker with audio.c to change the alsa
device).
I suppose it's the
char *device = "plughw:0,0";
line ?
How can I list the available devices and how could I choose one that could be better ?

By the way : I not only want to improve choppy and jerky sound and video. I also want to get rid of good old crashes... No idea ?

--
NH

Home | Main Index | Thread Index