[vdr] Re: softdevice crash in libasound

Nicolas Huillard <nhuillard@ghs.fr> writes:

> Are there known bugs in libasound ? In conjonction with ffmpeg ? The
> video and audio are still a lot jerky on many channels : any ideas
> what to update ?

I also use debian and alsa lib 1.0.5 (with 1.0.4 drivers).

I also get chopped sound and video. The log shows a lot of under run
in alsa.

But the problem gets better or worse depending on the sound device
opened by softdevice (you may tinker with audio.c to change the alsa
device).

I fear that the cAlsaAudioOut::Xrun method does not treat correctly
underruns, but I really don't know how to improve it.

HTH

Home | Main Index | Thread Index