[vdr] Re: VDR and 4:2:2

Hi,

Rene Caspari wrote:

is VDR capable to display feeds in 4:2:2 format?
I haven't seen any code so far in VDR that cares about the image format, because VDR doesn't do the DISPLAY part.

I use a DVB-S Card Rev 1.5 from Technotrend, and if I tune to such a
feed, xawtv displays a standing picture of the last channel i tuned
before.
You might want to try my vdr-xine plugin, which uses xine to do the DISPLAY part. And what I have seen so far in xine's code, it looks like it could handle the above mentioned image format.
I tried it, but i only get "No Signal" on the Xine-Screen.
Somewhere it is mentioned, that only non-FF Cards can be handled by this
way of display with xine. Is it right?
No. From INSTALL:

USING FULL FEATURED CARDS
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In the case, that your system is equiped with a full featured card (i. e. a
card that has it's own MPEG decoder), you'll see in xine nothing more than
"NO SIGNAL". This is, because VDR has choosen the hardware MPEG decoder over
the software MPEG decoder, so the output device is your full featured card.
To get the output to xine, you'll have to go to VDR's OSD setup menu and
choose the highest device available, which should be vdr-xine's software
device.

Here there is a screenshot of an image, how xawtv displays 4:2:2
channels:

http://rene.ahrcas.net/xawtv422.jpg
Looks strange, but let's first have a look what xine shows.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl@gmx.de