[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.5.0 plugin

Hi,

Torgeir Veimo wrote:

Can the no signal picture be delayed half a second, so that it doesn't
appear inbetween channel changes?
As the text "NO SIGNAL" isn't that importent anymore after getting it working once, you might try the file "noSignal-completelyBlack.pes". Just rename it to "noSignal.pes" and you'll see just a black screen inbetween channel changes, as seen by most settop boxes, too.

Also, is it hard to not scale the OSD with the picture? It changes ratio
together with the current program/channel ratio.
xine blends the OSD into raw video data and later the image get's scaled (usually with hardware support (xv, vidix)) according to the stream's aspect ratio.

Maintaining the OSD ratio would currently mean to prescale VDR's OSD in a way that the later hardware scaling results in an OSD with the original ratio. I do already prescale the OSD for channels which have a resolution different to 720x576, so the code is already available. But as it is simple, the quality is bad and I don't think that you would take ratio over quality, do you?

If you could live without a semi transparent OSD, you might try the plugin setting "OSD unscaled". Then xine will use X11 to draw the OSD on top of the video, maintaining the original OSD ratio.

BTW: As I don't own a full featured card and a 16:9 TV set, how does such a card display the OSD when a 16:9 program is playing?

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl@gmx.de