[vdr] Re: VDR and 4:2:2

Hi,

On Tuesday 10 August 2004 08:27, Thilo Wunderlich wrote:
> > The CVS version of ffmpeg and the latest libmpeg support both 4:2:2.
>
> Is plain vdr able to display such a feed?

Plain VDR only handles the data, but the display is done but either the
hardware decoder of a full featured card, or one the softmpeg-plugins.

- the full featured cards can't display 4:2:2
- the softmpeg-plugins can be fixed to display 4:2:2, as all use libavcodec or
libmpeg to display mpeg-video.

I don't think, that vdr itself touches the mpeg data, it only remuxes them
form TS to PES.

But you can easily test, if plain vdr is capable of handling 4:2:2.
Try to view a 4:2:2 feed with the latest CVS of mplayer and the
streamdev-plugin.

--
Viele Grüße
Christian