[vdr] Choice of Filesystem for VDR

Hi,

I do hope that this is not too off topic to discuss here, but I'd really like to know what experiences you have with the various filesystems and vdr.

I've used ext3 for quite a while on my old and slow (pII 333) vdr box, but had problems when recording more than 4 or 5 streams at once (Not due to cpu usage, but the filesystem simply couldnt handle it).

I then turned to XFS and everything seemed fine. Since then I've got a new duron 1800 box but never switched from xfs.

Now however I've had several severe disputes over what is stored on my xfs partitions with the kernel, or the kernel just dead lock somewhere in the xfs code. Thus I'd like to drop xfs.

Now I'm looking for an alternative and would like to hear what others are using. It's rather common for me to record 6 or more streams at the same time, so I definitely need a filesystem that wont cripple on this like ext3 did the last time I used it.

I'd be thankfull for opinions.

Kind regards Philip

Home | Main Index | Thread Index