[vdr] Looking for testers: streamdev-0.3.3-pre2

Hi,

after having tested the pre1 with a few testers, I'd like to make the second
pre public...

It is available for download at:
http://www.magoa.net/linux/contrib/vdr-streamdev-0.3.3-pre2.tgz

What has primarily changed is the device selection process, which now even
switches away the live TV to a different device without changing the channel,
if that is possible. It has also been reported that all connections are
always closed properly now, and that recordings on the server are no longer
affected by clients.

When using streamdev-client, the data is now transferred via the UDP protocol,
and the data is buffered for a short time. There is no jitter correction yet,
so it might not work in heavily switched networks.

The "Streaming Control" Menu provides a "Remote Schedule" now, that allows you
to add timers from a schedule just like you would do in the regular schedule.

It's still pre, and there are no features like section streaming yet (like
there were in 0.3.2, which has been abandoned for various reasons), so I hope
I'll get some feedback..

Greetings,
Sascha

Home | Main Index | Thread Index