[vdr] No OSD after switching to Kernel 2.6.7

Hiho,

I used vdr successfully with Linux 2.4.21 long time, but the motherboard
got defect and the old kernel seems to have problems with the new board
I bought (Asus A7V8X). From time to time vdr crashed, or shows a black
screen on some channels, especially if there were two recordings at a
time. So I decided to upgrade the system to Kernel 2.6.7, to see if this
makes a difference.

After some hassle with the DVB drivers (and a major device number which
should be 212 in Kernel 2.6.7 but IS in fact still 250...), everything
seems to be fine but one thing: the on screen display is invisible. :(

The system has a Hauppauge Nexus-S full-featured and a Hauppauge Nova
budget card. Linux is Debian Woody, with some packages from
backports.org to be able to compile and use kernel 2.6.7.

I recompiled vdr on the running 2.6.7 kernel (pointing DVBDIR to the
linux source directory). So everything should be consistent with the new
kernel.

I also tried all three different firmware versions from linuxtv.org
(since the release notes mentions changes regarding OSD functionality):
without any difference.

Anyone with some useful hints where to dig? If you need more information
(log output etc.), please let me know.

Thanks,

Joern

--