[vdr] Re: Looking for testers: streamdev-0.3.3-pre2

Am Samstag, 14. August 2004 22:09 schrieb Rantanen Teemu:
> I'm sorry to report that the channel switching problems are still there,
> and there are also sound disturbances every other time I open the OSD
> (even after the 10->50 patch you sent to mailing list) and once a minute
> or so without OSD or other activity than live TV.

Can you send me the stdout of your server and clients via mail when the plugin
is compiled with DEBUG=1? Maybe I'll see what's goin wrong, then...

> I friend of mine has 3 dvb-c cards, but they are running on a 1.3.12. He
> also reported problems. What was interesting, he reported he once got
> live stream for channel "4" while he requested the stream for channel
> "1". Examining the channels.conf it looks like both channels have the
> same vpid and apid, but they are on a different frequency... I guess
> this proves streamdev reads data from a wrong device, or the device gets
> tuned into another channel than streamdev thinks it is on...

That can't be, theoretically (but who knows). The channels are identified by
the unique channel ID. If there would be two different channels matching one
ID, VDR itself would complain on startup. What can be is, that the channel
was, for some reason, unavailable and vdr tuned the next possible channel
(skipping channels 2 and 3). Again, the output of the plugin compiled with
DEBUG=1 would help alot.

Greetings,
Sascha

Home | Main Index | Thread Index