[vdr] Re: VDR 1.3.19: Auto-selecting DD does not work on ZDF if preferedlanguage ist set to German

Joerg Knitter wrote:
Hi Klaus,

first of all: Nice work. Thanks a lot for this great progress - and the stability I have seen yesterday on VDR 1.3.18 and now with VDR 1.3.19 and CVS drivers from yesterday.

I found out one minor thing:
If I set one channel to DD (ZDF, SAT.1, ProSieben), switch to a non-DD channel, VDR remembers that I have set this channels to DD and if I switch back to one of those channels, I automatically get DD sound again without the need to go again to the "audio" menu.
But: If I select "German" as preferred language in the settings and switch to ZDF, only the Stereo channel, not the DD channel is being played first, even if I have set it before to DD.
This happens because the ZDF, for instance, doesn't set the PID language
codes correctly. They do

ZDF;ZDFvision:11953:hC34:S19.2E:27500:110:120=deu,121=2ch;125=dd:130:0:28006:1:1079:0

which means that for the first APID they have correctly set "deu",
but the second APID has "2ch" (which clearly is not a language code)
and the DPID has some bogus "dd" - also not a language code.

Maybe somebody who has a link to someone actually in charge at the ZDF
can tell them to set the APID language codes correctly...

Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index