[vdr] Re: mp3-0.9.9 with vdr-1.3.19

On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 12:11 +0000, Laz wrote:

> Now that I've remembered that the mp3 plugin can use oss for output, I've
> enabled that and that works fine, so the problem must lie in th stream passed
> to vdr for output via an output device or in the way vdr handles that stream,
> or in the way the dxr3 handles the stream...

Hm, are you able to use the DXR3 audio out with OSS while VDR configured
to use it too?  I get:

vdr[26643]: ERROR: Cannot open dsp device '/dev/dsp1': Device or resource busy!
vdr[26643]: ERROR (player-mp3.c,1609): Device or resource busy

I guess it works (based on looking at the OSD progress bar) when I point
the MP3 OSS output to a sound card's /dev/dsp, but I don't have anything
plugged to it so I can't verify ATM.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index