[vdr] Re: vdr-1.3.18: DolbyDigital "stuttering" sound

Hallo,

> > With 192 it works fine here on my 4MB card.
> >

> Is it the general consensus that everyone has modified their
> cards with
> additional memory?  I have also had several friends ask me
> why the DD/AC3 is
> "stuttering" and coincidentally they all use 2MB cards.  I
> have also noticed an
> additional problem in which I am uncertain if its related to
> the optimization of
> the memory on the FF cards.  But, it seems that *sometimes*
> if I start to
> playback a recording in vdr and then immediately press
> "stop", vdr will crash.
> Almost as if its filling the AC3/DD buffer then canceling it
> before it has a
> chance to know what to do next.  Since I disabled the DD/AC3
> in vdr-1.3.20, the
> problems seem to have gone away.

Werner is quite sure that the problem is that on a 2MB card the
Audiobuffer is not big enough. With a 4MB card he had room for more
Buffer so that here the Problem should not occour.

IIRC Werner told me there are on a 2MB card only space for 37ms audio -
that is not much ;) and on a 4MB card he has 170ms space.

But we should try the bigger ringbuffer before giving up :)

Greetings
Christian Jacobsen

Home | Main Index | Thread Index