[vdr] Re: problem with 2 card system

I'm using same setup and experience exact same problem. Ive tried 2.3 and
2.6 revision cards, the card can not tune in some cases to some transponders
where Nexus card has no problems. I even tried to swap cable from Nexus card
to SkyStar2 and would get same problem. Nexus card don't have any of those
issues on neither of the cables and gets good signal.

Also you have to reload drivers every time you try to record something. The
recording starts, VDBS, restart and reload then recording finishes. If you
won't reload the drivers VDR gets stuck or will keep restarting whole time
while the recording timer is active.

I'm using two non-powered switches before it actually gets to the LNB, could
be the problem is SkyStar2 card does not supply enough power to power up LNB
and switches, thus losing some signal? Maybe during driver reload there is
good enough power spike comes out from SkyStar2 card to get started or
something.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index