[vdr] Re: found solution (this time the real one) for errors on dvrdevice

panteltje@yahoo.com(Jan Panteltje)  02.02.05 11:43

>The solution in my case is to increase the dvr buffer
>in the driver.
>old:
>#define DVR_BUFFER_SIZE (10*188*1024)
>I changed it to:
>#define DVR_BUFFER_SIZE (100*188*1024)
>and then recompiled / reloaded the driver modules.
>The problem only happens when you use HUGE data
>streams,
>for example astra2 10773.00 h the whole transponder
>(all BBC channels etc..).
>In this case the buffer overflows....
>The data rate here I estimate at about 36 Mbps (16 GB
>/ hour),
>and this may happen on HDTV too.

You know the "HDTV patch"?

>So maybe the DVR buffer size default should be a bit
>bigger then what it now is.
>One can also solve the problem by setting
>update -1 1000
>update -5 100
>(see man bdflush or update --help)
>This empties the buffer more often.
>But bigger buffer is better I think.

As long as vdr is not starting swapping while recording ;-)

Rainer---<=====>                         Vertraulich
             //
           //

Home | Main Index | Thread Index