[vdr] Re: choosing a FF card

Per Mellander wrote:

Well yes it does, but from my point of view I felt like you didn't care about the price.
Up to a point ;-) I dont want to broadcast my picture...

On the other hand, why bother about over/underscan when you only can do composite on your TV.
because the overscan on the CLE266 / chrontel combo in the ME6000 board it MASSIVE...

> If you really want good picture quality it will cost extra bucks.

I appreciate that, but I would like to at least get the basic 768x576/2 lines per field with the correct field ordering that PAL offers...

I have one of those VGA-TV converters that was mentioned in a previous posting. Composite or S-Video outputs that gives you a possibility to watch VGA material on your TV. It's an ok device, but thats it.
but does it understand field-parity ?

Well you can go Window$ and use Powerstrip http://www.entechtaiwan.com/util/ps.shtm I haven't tested it myself but it seems that a lot of people are using it with success.
What does it do? looks like it just allows tweaking of mode timings on some cards.

Its a moot point though as the box in question is also a router and webserver so theres no WAY its going to be running windows...

Home | Main Index | Thread Index