[vdr] Re: VDR-1.3.19 : DD-Audio stuttering when switching betweenPro7 and Sat1

Hi,

Dr. Werner Fink wrote:

ok, now I got DD5.1 but not DD2.0. Improvement though :)
If I watch movie from Canal+ Film2 and it has true DD5.1 audio, then my
receiver gets all the DD5.1 lights on and audio is DD5.1. But if there
comes some commercial or some other movie that has only DD2.0, receiver
doesn't understand the audio stream, no lights.
Question: Does `no lights' mean also `no audio'?  This because the
technique to embbed AC3 data frames into PCM frames are exactly the
same for DD2.0 and DD5.1.
Yes 'No lights' means also no audio. This is odd because DD2.0 and DD5.1
did work just fine when I was using vdr 1.3.18. Now with 1.3.20 I only
get it work with DD5.1 after the vdr-1.3.20-ac3-transfer.diff patch.
Does this mean that with VDR-1.3.18 the firmware has played DD2.0 and
DD5.1?  If 1.3.19 and 1.3.20 can not do so I'd like to suppose that
the re-assembling code for the AC3 frames of the payload of the PS1
PES stream is broken ... at least for DD2.0.

I'll still keep testing different solutions, hopefully it's just some my
mistake that I have made :)
Maybe Reinhard knows more about.
Nevertheless, which channel has this problem for you?
Well, I've been following this thread during the past days and was always thinking about whether it could be due to my cDolbyRepacker. But I don't think so. I'm currently watching PRO7 and xine properly recognizes "A/52 2.0 (stereo)". So, I don't have any clue at the moment.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl@gmx.de