[vdr] Re: vdr-1.3.18: DolbyDigital "stuttering" sound

Hallo Klaus,

> > > lot easier to
> > > values ;)
> > > will then test
> > >
> > > There won't be such a setup option!
> > > If a higher value helps for 2MB cards, I'll make it use that value
> > > automatically. This buffer is just a workaround, anyway,
> and I don't
> > > want to manifest it with yet another setup option.
> >
> > No problem :) important was to know where to change things.

> > > Yes.
> >
> > As also Chad Flynt has reported higher values do help! I did
> > only have 1
> > hour time to test and only tried 224, 256 and 272.
> >
> > 224 is not enough. 256 does not allways help but it is
> > definetly better
> > :) only had time to try 272 once and it seemed worse that
> > 256, but I did
> > not have time to restart VDR and retry. I will try 384
> tonight and see
> > if it is better :)
>
> Yesterday I tried 384 and it is indeed very good that way - no
> stuttering at all on Sat1, Pro7 and ZDF :)
> As the switch time goes up I will try to find the best Vaule for this
> and I hope to get some help at vdrportal.de for this. I will post
> something in the News thread ...
>
> I will try 320 tonight.

I would say 320 should be OK, I had no stuttering yesterday while
watching ZDF, Sat1 and Pro7.
ZDF is the most difficult one to get without stuttering but with 320 it
is OK on my system :)

Greetings
Viking

Home | Main Index | Thread Index