[vdr] Re: what's the newest vdr-1.3.x working with bitstreamout-0.61x ?

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 12:32:35AM +0100, Lucian Muresan wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have a budget card and working ALSA SPDIF (CMI 8738) and was hoping
> that bitstreamout would give me AC3 playback in my external decoder. I'm
> using softdevice/DirectFB for now, which doesn't do passthrough yet. I
> think if I could only use df_xine with vdr-xine I would have SPDIF
> passthrough, but unfortunately I get inverted colours on my TV-out with
> df_xine, so that one isn't an option for me yet either, so I thought and
> hoped bitsreamout would be.
>
> I tried to compile bitsreamout-0.61f with vdr-1.3.20 and am getting an
> error which suggests that they are totally incompatible, I looked in the
> source of cDevice and things have really changed:

Please use vdr-1.3.17, this should work.

> g++ -march=athlon-tbird -O3 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -fPIC -DPIC -c
> -DPLUGIN_NAME_I18N='"bitstreamout"' -D_GNU_SOURCE  -I/usr/include/
> -I/usr/include bitstreamout.c
> bitstreamout.c: In member function `virtual void cDisplayMainMenu::Store()':
> bitstreamout.c:446: error: `SetAudioTrack' undeclared (first use this
> function)
>
> Are there other alternatives with this setup? Is bitstreamout
> unmaintained at the moment?

No.  I've a test version running with vdr-1.3.20 but without patching
vdr-1.3.20 you are not able to replay anything because vdr should be
configured with UseDolbyDigital = off in the DVB sub menu.
IMHO the main problem is the in-sufficient Audios interface.  A
way is missed to give a plugin the possiblity to declare what
audio streams it can replay (AC2, DTS, PCM, Mpeg audio) and this
should not depend on the setting of UseDolbyDigital (over the DVB
card) ...

        Werner

--
AC3 loop through sound card http://bitstreamout.sourceforge.net/