DigitalNow TinyTwin DVB-T Receiver
|DigitalNow TinyTwin USB Dual DVB-T Digital TV Tuner (Australia)|
There are four devices, marketed under the same name, all of which are currently supported out of the box (according to DigitalNow).
|Supported|| ID on
|Hardware||Firmware||Comment / Pictures||URL||E|
|DigitalNow TinyTwin DVB-T Receiver||✔ Yes, in kernel since 2.6.28||13d3:3226 USB2.0||Afatech AF9015||dvb-usb-af9015.fw|
|DigitalNow TinyTwin DVB-T Receiver V2||✔ Yes, in kernel since 2.6.34||1b80:e402 USB2.0||Afatech AF9015||dvb-usb-af9015.fw||Different device, new USB ID.|
|DigitalNow TinyTwin DVB-T Receiver V3||✔ Yes, in kernel since 2.6.37||1f4D:9016 USB2.0||Afatech AF9015||dvb-usb-af9015.fw||Different device, new USB ID.|
The kernel 2.6.34 supported USB IDs are:
$ lsusb Bus 001 Device 004: ID 13d3:3226 IMC Networks DigitalNow TinyTwin DVB-T Receiver Bus 001 Device 003: ID 1b80:e402 Afatech
For one tuner:
$ ls /dev/dvb adapter0 adapter1
or for two tuners:
$ ls /dev/dvb adapter0 adapter1 adapter2 adapter3
The device with USB ID 1f4D:9016 (which is for the most current device) is only supported in kernel 2.6.37 or greater.
The fourth device uses a different chipset - same as ITE Inc. Generic 9006 device. ID 048d:9006 - in kernel since 3.3.
- Devices with USB IDs 13d3:3226 and 1b80:e402 are supported out of the box.
- When the device is inserted, Mythbuntu offers to install the firmware (installs dvb-usb-af9015.fw to /lib/firmware). Need to reboot.
- Upgrading the kernel to 2.6.37 adds the same support for the latest V3 device (USB ID 1f4D:9016) i.e. offers to install firmware
- IR Receiver (i.e. remote control) not tested.
- Had an issue with using a pair of these (device id 1b80:e402). Although Ubuntu installed the drivers out-of-the-box, there were two missing frontends in /dev/dvb - adapter 0,1,2,3 were present, but only adapters 0 and 2 contained frontends unless I removed and re-inserted the tinytwins while Ubuntu was running. The fix was simply to grab the latest firmware (in the table above) and copy it to /lib/firmware, and reboot.