Welcome LinuxTV editors! Do you have questions how to help with LinuxTV Wiki? Question about the articles or there meaning? Then this is the right place to ask. Ask your question, others will answer.
Please follow the following guidelines
- Put new questions at the end.
- Please give every question a headline (==Title of the question==).
- If the question refers to a certain article a [[link]] there would be helpful.
- Please sign with --~~~~.
How can I use ATSC DTV receiver on PowerPC?
I test below enviroment on PS3
* OS : Yellow Dog Linux 5.0 * receiver : DIVICO FusionHDTV gold usb - This receiver doing well on X86 linux(fedora 5 core)
* What Kernel configuration need on or can I get kernel config file that succeeded on PS3? * Is Kernel hacking needed? * Can I get firmware file for receiver or device driver? If I can get it, please let me know where it is. * Can I get source code of firmware for bluebird?
At last, I put the ax in the helve by myself. I will send cxusb_fix_up mail to mailing-list.
How do the LinuxTV changes migrate into the kernel?
It seems the HG tree will soon support the new kind of TerraTec Cinergy 1200 DVB-C. When can I expect this support to be in the kernel? The latest stable kernel is 220.127.116.11 and the latest prepatch is 2.6.21-rc7, so is it reasonable to expect the card to work out of the box with 2.6.22? (I'd like to add this information to the page) --Lakefall 17:19, 18 April 2007 (CEST)
- Yep, provided nothing comes up, then 2.6.22 would be the target. In the meantime, users can grab the Hg sources.
- When a new stable patch level kernel is released (i.e 2.6.20 ... and not the dot releases i.e 18.104.22.168 etc), there is a two week inclusion window for new drivers and features etc to make it into the next stable patch level kernel (i.e 2.6.21). After that window closes, the only other things that make it into the following stable dot release kernels (i.e. 22.214.171.124 --> 126.96.36.199 ...) and that next stable patch level kernel (i.e 2.6.21) are bug fixes. Only in extraordinary circumstances would something "new" be introduced outside that inclusion window -- it would need to be deemed essential.
- Anyway, a typical cycle would be i) patch submission to a developer tree ii) after testing, pulled to Hg main line iii) in next inclusion window, added to stable kernel....things can be pulled earlier from Hg, but they will only be added to the non-stable kernels
Firmware for DVB-T unfetchable?
It seems that the firmware for the DVB-T card: http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-1110
is no longer available. The script: http://parker1.co.uk/myth/get_dvb_firmware
cannot fetch the zip archive: tt_budget_217g.zip from the TechnoTrend website, which should contain the file: dvb-fe-tda10046.fw Could someone provide a new link pointing to this file and put this link in the page:  Thanks!
Playing Mpeg4-streams as used in Norway
- Hi Zorrolll, you should post the question to the mailing list. This section is a relic and will be closed down in the future -- the mailing list is much more suited for user support then the wiki (and has a much broader audience). Please also point towards your patch and channels.conf too, as other users may find them useful.--CityK 23:02, 30 September 2007 (CEST)