Re: Want to bye Siemens PCI-DVB

"Hans-Henrik Andresen" <jydsk@consulting.dk> writes:

> The thing is - I'm wondering why siemens can sell it for only 499 DM and
> mascon/satshop charge 879 DM for the same card.

Maybe because they are crazy. The problem is that Siemens is shipping only in
Germany which is a big joke as well in my opinion. Hopefully this situation is
going to change once there are more people like you that want to build their own
Set-Top Box or want to have a _reliable_ and _stable_ Internet-by-satellite
router.

> I have had a' Kiss SatDem-card wich is not supported

correct

> and as I understand that the 'best' / 'most support'ed' card is the siemens,

We developed the drivers for the Siemens card. Therefore we encourage every
Linux user to buy the Siemens card. We see it as a sign of solidarity to the
only company that understood that Open Source Linux drivers are necessary and
therefore gave us documentation.

> but if other card are working please let me know. (I want to use it for
> EON-Internet)

The Technotrend card and the Hauppauge card are actually the same boards but
have a different firmware. We have not tested our drivers with one of those
cards but I am pretty sure that you will have no problems at all if you buy a
Hauppauge and apply the patch.

yours sincerely

Martin Springer
--
Martin Springer                                         tel. +49.30.85908840
convergence integrated media gmbh   chausseestrasse 8  10115 berlin  germany

Home | Main Index | Thread Index