Re: Setting up CyberLogin for UBCOM

On Sat, Feb 19, 2000 at 01:54:44PM +0100, Thomas Eichenhofer wrote:
> My Sat-ISP UBCOM uses 194.177.32.4, server port 6000/acknowledge port 8000.
> (i have to use this addresses in win98 and it is working perfet)

Your Sat-ISP is just selling EouropeOnLine acounts so whatever transponder on
Astra is available for others should be available for you too.
Default transponder that is connected using CyberLogin program is nr.114 and
addresses are :
authorization server : 194.177.32.35
proxy server : 194.177.32.36

You don't have to enter those addresses anywhere in CyberLogin but just
enter proxy address in your browser or whatever program you are using.

> What is the funktion of this "serverip parameter"  in cyberlogin.ini, when i
> have to change it in the code?

CyberLogin does two things :
1. Connects to EON authorization server and passes your account info and
   MAC and IP address
2. Programs your tuner on DVB card on correct frequency, rate, polarization,..

As EON IP addresses are connected with transponder you are tuned to you can't
use transponder 114 and server at 194.177.32.4 , .6 as you should use
transponder 113 with those addresses.

At the moment CyberLogin doesn't support other transponders without
manually changing the code. New version will support this.
If you want to change it anyway change serverIPaddress in ini file and
edit Cyberlogin.c - put # as first character on lines 99 and 100 as on
those lines is the function that programs tuner on t114 frequency.
Recompile it and run it again. You should now be on t.113

> > Check dynamic IP address you get from your ISP. Maybe it is
> > masqueraded IP and as such it can't be used with EuropeOnLine dvb
> > service (at the moment).
> I'm a little confused, is this CyberLogin Client, the same then LoginClient
> or FazztClient for EON( this remote station client SW) under Win98?
> I hope its like LoginClient, i want to have full inet access and  not just
> access to EON downloads.

Yes, you will have full access to internet.

Good luck,

Ivo.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index