Re: data & tv broadcasts

Ralph Metzler wrote:
> Yes, there is a SP/DIF connection on the board.
>  > Blue out             3   -   4       SPDIF out

I connected this to my receiver.
I hear the sound and my receiver displays that it
is stereo digital audio (no AC3, as Ralph predicted :-( ).

However, about once per minute the signal drops: no
sound for about two seconds and the receiver display
shows no digital signal during that period.

The receiver is OK (use it with a DVD player all the time).
Can this be caused by a driver or firmware problem?
Is it a hardware design bug in the card?
Is my card broken? Should I return it?
Has anyone else tried this?

Thanks for any enlightenment,

Carsten.