Re: Multicast from EOL and Linux ?

At 15:33 7/21/00 +0100, Max Klohn wrote:
>Gerben, I am highly interested in the configuration you used to get the
>eol access working in a linux box on a masqueraded network. I am planning
>on setting up a similar configuration (Mandrake 7.1 box with dvb-s, I use
>freesco on another machine for dialup/masquerading.).
>Also I am interested in setting up the linux box to redirect the video to
>a multicast stream on the LAN (fast ethernet), using wiin& linux client to
>watch it.  anybody got that running? which clients do work? where is
>dvbrouter.tar.gz to be found?

Hmm, maybe I wasn't clear enough. At the moment I only use the dvb-card in
a linux box for internet access. The clients are windoze boxes wich connect
to the internet through the linux box. On the linux box runs squid
(http-proxy) so the linux clients can access the internet though the eon
proxies and at the same time the requested content is cached (if possible)
The linux box also does ip masquerading because programs like irc, napster,
icq, etc. that run on the windoze clients also need to work.

But what I was interested in, was the ability to view video or use the
fazzt client on my windoze computer even if the dvb-card is in the linux
server. That's why I asked it was possible to do that.

At the moment I'm not able to test this, but if I get the time to do that,
I sure will try :-)

Grtz Gerben.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index